This page is designed to prepare you for an exciting fishing experience aboard the 50 foot “Tacklebuster”. We want our customers to be ready for weather, seasickness, and a half/whole day ocean charter so here are a few tips from Captain “JT!”
- Get a good night’s rest prior to coming onboard.
- If you’re going to take Dramamine, take one the night before and one the morning of the trip. Talk with your Doctor about other possible options for seasickness.
- Eat breakfast, or stick to your normal morning routine.
- Dress in layers! It may be summer when you come out, but it’s still the beautiful Oregon Coast. We do provide raincoats if you forget yours onshore.
- Pack a sack lunch and water/other fluids. We provide coffee, but it’s important that you stay hydrated.
- Wear older shoes or rubber boots as they may get wet or fish blood on them. You can definitely wear rain pants if you want to look like a part of the crew!
- Sunglasses are recommended! The light reflecting off of the water, even on cloudy days can affect your vision, protecting your eyes is important and something that people don’t always consider.
- Some cash for tipping the deckhand (if he/she worked hard) and fish cleaning.
- Bring a positive attitude! Remember, Fishfull thinking! We’re all out there to have fun. This is a lifestyle for us, not just an occupation. (Oh, and of course we want to catch fish!!!)